Share technical know-how with other users, or help to promote Ubuntu
Share your development expertise and help shape the future of Ubuntu
The Acquia Cloud API makes it easy to manage sites on the platform. The API allows you to perform many administrative tasks including creating, destroying and copying databases, deploying code, managing domains and copying files.
Acquia offers 2 official clients. The primary client is a drush plugin which can only be downloaded from Acquia Insight. The other is a PHP library which states in the README that it is "[n]ot ready for production usage".
On a recent project using WF Tools we needed some pretty advanced deployment scripts for sites hosted on Acquia Cloud. We had tried using a mix of bash and PHP, but that created a maintenance nightmare, so we switched to Python.
I was unable to find a high quality Python library, so I wrote a python client for the Acquia Cloud API. The library implements all of the features that we needed, so there is a few things missing.
Chaining complex commands together is easy because the library implements a fluent interface. An extreme example of what is possible is below:import acapi # Instantiate the client c = acapi.Client('firstname.lastname@example.org', 'acquia-token') # Copy the prod db to dev, make a backup of the dev db and download it to /tmp c.site('mysite').environment('prod').db('mysite').copy('dev').backups().create().download('/tmp/backup.sql.gz')
Some of the code is library is "borrowed" from the Python client for Twilio. The library is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.
I am continuing to develop the library. Consider this a working alpha. Improving error handling, creating a comprehensive test suite and implementing the missing API calls are all on the roadmap. Pull requests are welcome.
- This is why you shouldn’t take people’s Facebook lives seriously http://t.co/COCxArZuUY 20:32:00, 2014-07-20
- How much does IKEA *really* overcharge Australians? Here’s the data http://t.co/FCJrBWpkqp http://t.co/axa77kkoI4 16:33:05, 2014-07-20
- It will take 75 years for women to achieve equal pay with men: study http://t.co/023QKZ7xlA http://t.co/wdzUV5umbZ 14:19:02, 2014-07-18
- Tony Abbott says that boat people are “un-Christian” for coming to Australia http://t.co/4LjuQKr1ht #auspol 14:19:04, 2014-07-16
- Special Report: Thomazeau http://t.co/6DQA76ShTt via @wordpressdotcom 18:26:13, 2014-07-12
- 1 in 4 Aust workers expect tech to make them obsolete http://t.co/dfaVsj1COH 20:32:05, 2014-07-11
- ‘Vexatious’ digital activist forces Australian Electoral Commission to release secret computer code http://t.co/spcCmDIX3F #auspol 18:27:06, 2014-07-11
- Lower dollar knocks Sydney off the top 10 most expensive cities http://t.co/FQTnoctCDT 16:33:13, 2014-07-11
- Change Management is dead: Long Live Change Leadership http://t.co/5VeHb8sn9D 14:19:05, 2014-07-11
- Tips for running effective meetings.
- Australian patent for the wheel revoked: I can finally stop dragging my car around http://t.co/60zfI8avOH 21:42:00, 2014-07-10
- It is childcare costs, not paid leave, that is confronting new parents http://t.co/ZVleum8wsN #auspol 20:32:03, 2014-07-10
- Bizarre letter from Goldman Sachs employee offers insights into financial sector http://t.co/WzcL7GmCq8 18:27:00, 2014-07-10
- Australia should not follow the American path to inequality: Nobel Prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz http://t.co/u7k4EiXy67 #auspol 16:33:01, 2014-07-10
- Solar shift leaves taxpayers with industry’s ‘stranded assets’
- Tony Abbott widely panned in the international press; Australia becoming a pariah state http://t.co/TUOqjvI6Um #auspol 18:27:15, 2014-07-09
- Admit It: You Didn’t Start a Company to Change the World
- 66 nations that make 88% of world emissions passed laws against global warming; Australia is repealing them http://t.co/aGZp4Uv284 #auspol 18:27:01, 2014-07-08
- Wealth of 7 richest Australians exceeds 1.73m households; govt budget to make it worse http://t.co/RqG1SIhYUG #auspol http://t.co/DQX0FwviEu 14:19:01, 2014-07-08
- Australia sending asylum seekers back to the country that’s persecuting them http://t.co/DNR80ijfyX #auspol 18:27:08, 2014-07-07
- Families and elderly are hundreds of dollars worse off under $7 GP co-payment: study http://t.co/4Hg579Tg3A #auspol 14:19:05, 2014-07-07